Monday, October 13, 2008

Block 3 Due by October 15th at 10pm.

What is your favorite fall activity? Who do you do the activity with? When do you do it? How do you feel? Describe the activity to me. Be as detailed as possible. Make sure that you have 300 words for this free write. Hint- Write the freewrite into a word document. Check the word count in the document then copy and paste it over

One of my favorite fall activities is carving pumpkins with my family. My family usually does this all together, even my little sisters! First we cut a hole at the top of the pumpkin(s) and start scraping all the seeds out. Lily and Lydia don’t usually do this part; they don’t like getting all gooey. Once all the seeds are scraped out, we find a cool or scary picture in a pumpkin carving book my mom buys. Next, we tape the picture on and begin poking holes on the outline of the picture so it is easier to carve it. Once we’re done poking, we begin the carving. Now this part of pumpkin carving, my little sisters has to get mommy’s or daddy’s help. After we’re done with all the carving, we put a little candle in and put it outside on our porch and let it shine though the night. When I do this activity with my family, I feel excited that Halloween is right around the corner because we usually carve the pumpkins the night before, and of course I feel…artistic!!

Another one of my favorite fall activities is going trick-or-treating with my best friends (that live mostly on my street. I’m sorry to those I don’t get to go trick-or-treating with) When I go trick-or-treating I have always done it with one of my best friends, Emma Hunt. Ever since I move to Perry, it has always been with Emma. This year we invited some more friends to come with us. When I go trick-or-treating, I feel very excited, little hyper from all the candy, and I also feel apprehensive. I hate getting scared. We walk around our whole street and plus some of the condos across the street from us. I get lots of candy. On our street the trick-or-treating usually last about 2 hours. I cannot wait for Halloween to come this year. Its only 17 days away!! These are 2 of the many of my favorite things to do in fall.

HAPPY early HALLOWEEN!!!!!!!!

3 comments:

Slawinski2008 said...

+10 Excellent Lindsey. Have fun and be safe this Halloween!

Amy said...

Wow!! Great post Lindsey!!! Good Job on our presentation today!! I can't believe you got a 10! WOW!!!


MIMI

kendal said...

I love carving pumpkins too!! We just got done carving them and they're awsome see ya Monday and great presentation!!!!:)
~kendal